Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 91: Michelle's Baptism!

     Hello family and friends!  We had a week of miracles in Revere.  We are so happy to tell you all that Michelle Silverman was baptized a member of the Lord's restored church on Saturday, March 24th.  Michelle has easily been one of the most prepared people that I have ever taught.  From the very first lesson with Elder Pulu and I, she was excited and eager to learn.  I'll never forget when she told us her experience of coming to know that the Book of Mormon is true.  So many members came to support Michelle at her baptism, even Elder Pulu got to come back!  One of the members who has helped out a ton with teaching her was able to perform her baptism.  I had the opportunity to confirm her on Sunday.  When we asked her how she felt, she said the only way to explain it was with the word "joyful".

     I truly know that God loves all His children and that when we obey His commandments, we are joyful.  Wickedness never equals happiness.  What a blessing to see Michelle, one of God's children, enter into the water of baptism.  Hopefully many more to come!

     Along with the baptism, we had several other successes this week.  Qian, Paula, and Earl all came to church.  We found out this week that Qian and her family will be moving to Salem in May.  We hope to set a baptismal date this week with her so she can get baptized before she has to move to a new ward.  Paula is still on date for April 21st and Earl is on date for April 28th.

     On Thursday, I got to go on an exchange with Elder Xiao in Boston.  Elder Xiao has really become such a great missionary.  It has been a very long time since I had gone on an exchange with him and I was very thankful for all he was able to teach me.  He really has a talent for asking inspired questions.  We were able to have so many great discussions about how I could help the North Shore Zone.

     Things really are going great!  Elder Bingham and I are super excited for General Conference and Easter coming up!  I invite all of you to read all 4 accounts of the crucifixion and the resurrection before Easter Sunday!  I know that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, truly died and rose again the 3rd day.  He restored His church through the Prophet, Joseph Smith, and it is lead by a living prophet today.  I know that my Redeemer lives.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
All of Michelle's Missionaries

Michelle and Brother Jake Free - Saturday, March 24, 2018

Elder Pulu got to come back!

Michelle Silverman confirmation performed by Elder Gutierrez on Sunday, March 25, 2018

Exchanges with Elder Xiao in Boston

Jerk Chicken with Elder Xiao

Elder Gutierrez and Elder Bingham at the Cambridge Chapel - My favorite painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment