Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 88: Elder Bingham Arrived!!

     Hello everyone!  It has been a super busy and crazy week here in Revere.  On Wednesday, the trio was separated.  I learned so many great things from Elder Pulu and Elder Halsell and I'm so glad that we were all able to serve together.  Both of them are spiritual giants who are serving missions for the right reasons.  Also on Wednesday, I was united with Elder Bingham!  He has already been an amazing companion.  He has a great energy for the work.  We are both super excited about the work and we are already good friends.

     This week a crazy "Nor Easter", hit our mission (basically a big storm where wind is blowing from the North and the East at the same time) and caused a bunch of trees and signs to fall down and even some floods.  Despite the crazy weather, we were still able to work super hard.  We currently have 6 people on date to be baptized.  We are excited to see some baptisms in the coming weeks!

     Michelle is still doing great.  This week we were able to start teaching her the commandments.  She was able to attend church for the 2nd time this Sunday and she is very excited for her baptism on the 17th.  She has been so great to teach.  She has a great light in her and it is awesome how well she keeps her commitments. She is one of the few investigators who actually will read the Book of Mormon everyday.  It's about time to start planning her baptism!

     Qian as well made some great progress this week.  During Elder Bingham's first lesson with her, we were able to resolve one of her biggest concerns.  She has had a tough time believing that there is a modern day prophet on the Earth.  After giving her a couple of conference talks to watch, she was touched by the Spirit.  During our lesson, she was explaining that when she had watched other preachers on TV, they always felt fake and that they were putting on a show.  When she watched the General Authorities speak, she felt calm and that they were sincere in their words.  She was still a little concerned with how they were chosen and Elder Bingham used a scriptures in Acts 1:23-26 to resolve her concern.  She is one step closer to conversion!

     We've had a great week and I'm excited to see what time will bring.  I've especially felt close to the Savior this week as I've studied the New Testament  more than I ever have in my life.  I know that He is the Savior of the World and that He is my friend.  To end my email I would like to share the words of a hymn.

"Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong, a perfect plea,
A great high priest whose name is love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart,
I know that while in heaven He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end to all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free,
For God the just is satisfied,
To look on Him and pardon me."

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Chinatown with Quian!

Chinatown Boston

Qian, Jarrid, and Junior

Chinatown on P-Day with Quian, Junior and Jarrid - February 26, 2018

Goodbye Elder Pulu

Elder Gutierrez with Elder Rich - new to the mission

Downed Trees from the Nor Easter Storm

Elder Gutierrez and Elder Bingham after the Nor Easter storm hits Boston

Sweet Red Sox Mural in Salem, MA

Nor Easter Storm - March 2018

Run Elder Bingham - Nor Easter 2018

Elder Gutierrez and Elder Bingham - Nor Easter 2018

Angry Ocean - Nor Easter March 2018

New Englanders . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment