Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 27: New Year and Big Changes!

     Happy New Year everyone!  2016 was such a great year in my life and I'm very excited to start this new year.  On Friday, the mission sent out the transfer texts letting us know if we were staying or leaving Franklin.  We found out we were both staying . . .until we got a call from President Miller Saturday night telling us both that we were being emergency transferred out!  Wednesday Elder Barlow and I are both leaving Franklin.  I am going to West Bridgewater, Massachusetts #BackToTheGhetto and Elder Barlow is going to Providence, Rhode Island to serve with my MTC companion, Elder Evans.

     I am so, so, so, excited!  I am going to be serving in a trio with Elder Tilly and Elder Rich.  I look up to Elder Tilly soooo much and I could not be happier to have an opportunity to serve with him.  He is such a great missionary and we are gonna do work!  West Bridgewater is a lot like Worcester and I am very, very excited about that.  I am sad to leave Elder Barlow after only one transfer but I trust that the Lord will continue to help him learn and grow.  This will make 7 companions in 6 months thus far on my mission.  I'll also be serving as a Zone Leader for the time being.

     I am so grateful for the members and people I was able to meet here in Franklin.  The ward has been so great in helping us and making sure we are taken care of.  The Franklin 2nd Ward sisters will be taking over our area and investigators.  Sueidy, our main investigator, is progressing well and hopefully the sisters will be able to get her to baptism after we leave!  Brother Moles, the less active member we are working with got married this week!  It was great because we finally got to meet his wife and hopefully they will start attending church together.

     This Sunday I gave a talk in church on "The Value of Preaching the Gospel to the World".  It was a great way to share my testimony with the members in Franklin about this work before I leave.  In my talk, I read to the ward a book that my little sister sent me, Green Eggs and Ham, the Book of Mormon edition.  It was so great and the members loved it.  It was a great way to inspire the members to do missionary work.

     This week and the next couple of weeks are going to bring lots of changes to my mission.  I am very excited that the Lord and President Miller has given me these opportunities.  I love you all and am thankful for the support and love I receive every day.  Love ya all!!

Love, 
Elder Gutierrez
Elder Gutierrez and Elder Barlow - Last Sunday in Franklin Massachusetts 1st Ward

Franklin Massachusetts District- Elder Gutierrez served as a District Leader

At a less active members wedding ceremony

Elder Gutierrez with Brother Prairie

Check out this creepy Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment