Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 26: Merry CHRISTmas

     Merry Christmas everybody!  I hope your homes were filled with love for our Savior yesterday as we celebrated his birth on a very beautiful Sabbath Day.  My 1st Christmas away from home was very, very, special and I had a very Merry Christmas and a great week.

     This week was full of fun and exciting things.  Tuesday we had interviews with President Miller and on Wednesday we had a trainer/trainee meeting.  We got to go to the temple afterwards.  I love being around President Miller because everything he says is so profound and I am continually learning from him.  He helped answer some questions I had about receiving personal revelation.  On Wednesday, Elder Barlow and I got to get more instruction from him on how we can both become better missionaries.  It was great to see some other missionaries who are going through the fun and tough times of training, like I am.  We all can improve so much but we are all being qualified through the Lord's help.  Something that I learned was if we have enough love for our investigators, there is nothing that we should be afraid of saying to them to help them change.  BE BOLD!!  Going to the temple afterward was so great, there is no greater feeling than being inside the temple.

     Friday night, we had a very special experience.  Our District went caroling to our investigators and members homes in our areas!!!  It was so much fun as we sang those sacred hymns of Christ's birth and to see the faces of those we sang to light up.  It really helped me to feel my Savior's love for his children and how very, very special this time of year is.

     Christmas day we got to go to church and I loved it.  There is no better day to go to church and to praise our God.  The service was an hour full of singing and the spirit.  It was a Christmas that I will never forget.  Afterwards, we got to spend time with some fantastic members and Skype our families.  I love my family very much and it was so great to hear their voices.

     I love Christmas time and I'm sad that it's over but we can always have his spirit with us as we follow him, keep his commandments, and love one another.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and the gift he provided to the world.  I know he lives and loves each one of us and it is my prayer that we can all turn our hearts to Him and partake of his everlasting divine love.  He bears our burdens, lights our way, and knows each one of us.  Thank you for all the love and support I continually receive!  Love ya all.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
Merry CHRISTmas 2016 - Elder Barlow and Elder Gutierrez

Matching District - The tie and skirt match

Christmas Eve Dinner with the Pickups

Chistmas at the Gutke's Home

No comments:

Post a Comment