Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 25: Christmas Miracles!

     Christmas miracles are happening!  Elder Barlow and I had set a goal earlier this month that we were going to have a baptism this month.  We knew we could accomplish this goal with the Lord's help.  And . . . this week we extended 3 baptismal dates and only one accepted but we now have a baptismal date for one of our investigators on 12/31!  Robert Lewis is his name, he is such a great guy.  He lives in our apartment complex and we often see him walking around and on Wednesday, we were talking to him in the apartment building. I asked him if we could share a message with him and he said that we could!  We taught him the Restoration and on Friday we taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  He is very excited about his baptismal date and Elder Barlow and I are very, very excited too. Everyone keep Robert in your prayers.

     This week we had a Christmas themed Zone Conference on Tuesday.  Instead of trainings, President Miller opened the Conference to testimonies and musical numbers.  IT WAS SO AMAZING!  Definitely the spiritual boost that I needed.  The spirit in that chapel was tangible.  I was so touched by the testimonies of my fellow missionaries and I felt so much joy and love from and for my Savior.  And to top it all off, we got to go to the temple afterwards and not only for a session.  I got to participate in sealings, an endowment session, and initiatories!  I love the temple so, so, so, much and Tuesday was just extraordinary!  I especially loved the feelings inside the sealing room and was very grateful to be able to participate in the sealings of families who have passed on.  I know without a doubt in my mind that the temple is the House of the Lord.  It is the only place on Earth where heaven literally connects.

     Funny story of the week, sorta . . . . it snowed a ton!  We were helping shovel snow at our ward mission leaders home before we correlated.  After our meeting, we were about to go and I could not find our keys . . . After much searching in the snow, we could not find them.  So we are now keyless and our ward mission leader had to drive us to the mission home to get a spare key to our car.  Ha, ha so maybe we will get our keys back in the spring. Whoops!

     This Sunday was our primary program and nativity scene, which was fantastic!  I love Christmas time and the spirit that radiates in our souls, homes, and families.  I marvel how meek and humble our Savior's birth was and how He is the most influential person who has ever lived.  He accomplished the will of our Father so that WE could live with Him again.  So that WE can be with our families forever.  So that WE can become like Him.  So WE may have joy!  I love Him so much for that.  I know that He really does love each and everyone of us in the most perfect way.  MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Merry Christmas from Bellingham. MA

Zone Conference - December 13, 2016

Sister Carlisle and Elder Gutierrez

Elder Gutierrez and Elder Barlow at the Boston Temple

Nativity at the Boston Temple

John 3:16:  For God So Loved the World 

No comments:

Post a Comment