Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 24: Are We All Not Beggars?

     Mosiah 4: 19-20 "19: For behold, are we not all beggars?  Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind? 20: And behold, even at this time, ye have been calling on his name, and begging for a remission of your sins.  And has he suffered that ye have begged in vain?  Nay; he has poured out his Spirit upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with joy, and has caused that your mouths should be stopped that ye could not find utterance, so exceedingly great was your joy."

     Recently, I have been able to think a lot about really how dependent I am on the Savior as a missionary, as a person, and as one of God's children.  I know my Savior, Jesus Christ payed the price so that we would not have to, and because of that I have so, so much joy!  Without Him, I am nothing and I can do nothing.

     Elder Barlow and I have had the opportunity to be tested and to rely on the Lord on every single aspect of this work this week.  It has been tough to find people to teach recently and I received some very great counsel from another missionary.  Elder Barlow and I NEED to involve the Lord in EVERY single aspect of our work here.  We need to have increased faith that the Lord is preparing people for us to teach, increased sincere prayers so the Lord can direct us to them, and more obedience and continual daily repentance so that we can be trusted by the Lord.  We are excited to make some changes in our work and be able to find those who are prepared here!

     It truly is so amazing to know that our Heavenly Father does not and will not abandon us.  He hears us and loves us!  I am so, so dependent on His grace and I am so thankful for this Christmas time to celebrate Christ's birth.  Yesterday was the Stake Christmas Choir event, I love Christmas hymns and it was such a great spiritual experience.  This week is going to be great and we are loving the Christmas spirit that is in the air!  Love you all!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Quincy Market - Downtown Boston

Downtown Boston on P-Day

Downtown Boston

Check Out Tom Brady's Car


No comments:

Post a Comment