Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day Surprise

      What an incredible Mother's Day weekend!  On Saturday, I was able to meet up with other moms with missionaries serving in the Massachusetts Boston Mission.  We laughed and shared stories about our missionaries.  I know why Elder Gutierrez has had some amazing companions - because their moms are amazing.  It was so great to meet them all.

      During Sacrament meeting, the Bishop got up and explained that we would end the meeting by having the fathers of the currently serving missionaries in the ward read a letter over the pulpit that was written by the missionaries to their mothers.  He asked what was special about their moms.  Of course, I started tearing up immediately and couldn't hold it together.  Here is what Elder Gutierrez wrote.

April 30, 2018

      My mother is the best, and when I say that I mean it.  Before serving my mission, I unfortunately didn't realize how amazing she is.  She raised me right - always living the Gospel and being an example to me and my siblings.

     My mother has always gone the extra mile.  I cannot remember a single day growing up where we did not have dinner as a family around the table.  Whenever I needed help, she was there.  It is the little things that my mom does that really make me grateful to have her in my life.  I love her and cannot thank her enough for all the sacrifices she has made for me.

     God, on occasion will send angels to minister to us, His children. I can honestly say that my mom has been one of those angels.

- Elder Drew Gutierrez

      It was great to talk to him over Facetime.  He is doing well and is so excited for all the investigators that they are currently working with.  He is still putting all his energy into serving which I am so thankful for.  At one point, he commented, "You all act like I am coming home soon.  I still have plenty of time left, 5 weeks.  I'm trying to stay out here."  I am so grateful for his dedication and commitment.

- Entry written by Heidi Gutierrez

No comments:

Post a Comment