Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 74: Thanksgiving 2017

     Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Elder Warner and I had a fantastic week in Bridgeport (other than Tuesday when Elder Warner was super sick).  Our investigators are doing very well and I have some great people to update you on.
 
     I neglected to tell you all that during my last week with Elder Sprehn we picked up a new investigator named Vernice.  She had ordered a Bible online and had just moved to Bridgeport from the Bronx, New York.  She is a super nice lady and has shown some great progression in the last two weeks.  She has come to church the last two Sundays and accepted a baptismal date for December 9th.  It has been amazing to teach her and to see her faith motivate her.  We taught her the Word of Wisdom this week and she accepted it and said she would give up coffee and tea without question!  She struggles a little with anxiety in large groups of people, but this Sunday after church she said that she was a lot more comfortable and liked the service a lot.  Things are looking great with Vernice.  Everyone keep her in your prayers.
 
     We had the most legendary Jamaican Thanksgiving ever.  We got to spend Thanksgiving with the Harris family and along with the normal Thanksgiving foods we got to eat; curry goat, jerk chicken, jerk pork, potato pudding, ox tail, duck, and shrimp!  It was the best!  I've never seen so much food in my life.  We are currently teaching one of the foster daughters of the Harris family as well, her name is Yasenia Martinez (17).  Yasenia has shown a lot of progression in the past couple of weeks as well and she has come to church twice now!  We hope to set a baptismal date with her soon.
 
     I am very grateful for this week of Thanksgiving and that I was able to have a reminder to thank God for all that he has given me.  I am so thankful for the testimony that I have and the things that I know to be true.  I am so thankful for the greatest family in the world and for all the support they give to me.  I am so thankful for my Savior and for his cleansing blood, I know that He lives.  Thank you to everyone that has supported me thus far!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Winter is approaching!

Our Fearless District Leader, Elder Warner

Dinner with the Cleatons

Jamaican Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving with the Harris Family

Dinner with Christelle and her family

No comments:

Post a Comment