Sunday, November 19, 2017

Mission Pie Accomplished!

     So this post is written by Heidi Gutierrez, Elder Gutierrez's mom.  Last year at Thanksgiving, Elder Gutierrez said that Thanksgiving just wasn't Thanksgiving without his favorite banana cream pie.  This family recipe was handed down from my Grandma Sandall to my mom.  After her passing in 2002, I started making the pies for Thanksgiving.  This year I wanted to surprise Elder Gutierrez with his banana cream pie.
     He is currently serving in Bridgeport, Connecticut.  In his ward, there is a sweet sister named Stacy Lee Mitchell.  Her husband is the ward mission leader.  Her son, Daniel (now Elder Mitchell) took Elder Gutierrez and Elder Sprehn to Boston for p-day the week before Elder Sprehn returned home.  They have watched General Conference in the Mitchell home.  Anyhow, I decided I would ask Sister Mitchell if there was someone in the ward that was a baker and would be willing to follow the recipe and make Elder Gutierrez a banana cream pie.  She responded, "Me and I will do it!"  I have been so excited for him to get this surprise this week.  You really don't get the excitement unless you have been a missionary momma.  The holidays can be hard. 
     Well mission pie was accomplished today!  Sister Mitchell surprised Elder Gutierrez at church.  Here is the video and picture she sent us.  I am indebted to her.  Come to find out, Elder Warner also loves banana cream pie.  This is one happy missionary momma and two happy Elders.  Happy Thanksgiving Elders and a big shout out to Sister Stacy Lee Mitchell.


Elder Gutierrez and Elder Warner Holding the Prized Banana Cream Pie - Happy Thanksgiving Elders!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment