Monday, December 4, 2017

Week 75: December Already?

     Hello everyone!  Elder Warner and I had a fantastic week together in Bridgeport and we have exciting news!  We will be staying together for another transfer, woohoo!!  We are both very excited and relieved.
   
     Time is going by so quickly and I cannot believe that it is already December.  As time is going by Elder Warner and I are seeing great progress in the work with our investigators.  This week we were able to pick up an awesome new investigator named Marjorie.  She is from Haiti and has only been here for a couple of years.  She is loving the Gospel and is super excited to be learning.  Marjorie and three of her grandchildren all came to church this week!  It was so great.  We are expecting great things from her.
 
      Last week we also picked up a really cool investigator named Claudette.  I failed to mention her in my last email.  She is originally from Jamaica and was actually taught by the missionaries there!  We found her because her neighbors are actually members in our ward.  We had a fantastic lesson with her this week and we set a baptismal date with her for December 30th.  She came to church this Sunday and so we are really excited for her.  She is really determined to receive an answer about the Book of Mormon.  We are excited to meet with her this week to see if she has received an answer yet.
 
     Also in the past couple of weeks I received exciting news from two of my former areas, Springfield and Amherst.  An investigator that I taught in each area was baptized.  Arline in Springfield and Bob Womboldt in Amherst.  I was very excited to hear about both of them and I am so happy for the both of them.  It is so great to hear that the work continues to go on after you leave an area and that really nothing can stop this work from progressing.
 
     I am so thankful to be a missionary and that I can wear Jesus Christ's name on my chest each day.  This is such an exciting time of year as almost the whole world stops and takes a minute to remember our Savior.  I invite you all to participate in the #LightTheWorld initiative.  There's no better way to celebrate this time of year than to serve those around you as Christ himself did.  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Elder Warner and Elder Gutierrez - Temple trip with a recent convert, Nyiesha Tobin

Service at the Zoo

Exchanges with Elder Felt

P-day Sports

Baptism of Arline in Springfield, MA with Elder Little and companion

No comments:

Post a Comment