Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 22: It's a Boy! (Part 2)

     Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you all had a fantastic and grateful week.  On Wednesday, I picked up my son, Elder Barlow!  He is such a great missionary.  The thing I love the most about him is that he wants to work hard and he has such a great desire to learn.  He is such a great missionary already. We are going to do amazing work here in Franklin and we are going to do everything we can to contribute to the missions' goal of having 50 baptisms in November and December.  So far Elder Barlow and I have been able to pick up 2 new investigators and we have set some big goals for this week.  I'm so very excited to be serving with him and to be training him.  He is from Taylorsville, UT and he has 11 siblings back home!

     On Wednesday before I picked up Elder Barlow, I got to go to the Boston Temple with Elder Waters, one of the missionaries that went home this week.  It was such a blessing to go to the House of the Lord unexpectedly.  This was exactly what I needed before I began training Elder Barlow. I gain so much peace and comfort knowing I have made sacred covenants with the Lord in the temple and that he will help me through my trials.  I know God lives and I am overwhelmed by his love for each and every one of us.  He truly loves us!

    On Thanksgiving, I was able to reflect on how thankful I am for my sweet family and all their love and support.  I am so grateful for them and all they do.  We had a great missionary Thanksgiving with the mostly new District and played some fun games.  I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be serving the Lord at this time.  I'm grateful for my health and for a Savior that has helped me to become someone greater because of my mission and I know I still have so much to learn.

     I invite all of you to go to mormon.org and check out the new Christmas video!  We can all serve in 25 ways over 25 days and I testify that you and your families can feel the love of the Christ as you serve as he did.  What a great opportunity we all have to focus on and follow his example this Christmas season.

     This week Elder Barlow and I hope to accomplish some great and big things!  Thank you all that support me and help me as I serve.  Love ya all!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Thanksgiving Dinner with the Franklin District

Beautiful Edible Arrangement

Happy Thanksgiving from my District

My son, Elder Patrick Barlow from Taylorsville, UT!

Boston Temple visit before picking up Elder Barlow - November 23, 2016

   

No comments:

Post a Comment