Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 21: It's a Boy!

Dear Family and Friends,
     Well a lot of very exciting things happened this week, the most exciting being that I found out I'm going to be a father to a brand new missionary!  I'll be training this upcoming transfer.  Wednesday, the 23rd, I get to pick up my brand new missionary from the mission home.  He flies into Boston today.  I am so very, very, very stoked to be a trainer!  Greeny fire!!  I was also called to be the District Leader.

     This week was very fun, Elder Weber and I got to cut down some huge trees for a less active member who said he would like to come tracting with us sometime!  Which was huge since he hasn't been to church in years.  We also did some service at the Maple Sanctuary Farm, owned by a less active member.  We got to clean out some llama stalls which was surprisingly fun.

     Yesterday was a very cool day.  We got to participate in the Franklin, Massachusetts interfaith choir.  Every year the interfaith group in Franklin has a Thanksgiving event, basically it's a day when a bunch of different people from other religions get together and praise God.  It was super, super cool. We got to sing in Hebrew and hear from lots of other religious leaders from other faiths.  It was cool to see how even though we all had very different beliefs and very different views on lots of things we could all get together and have a good time with each other.  Some of the faiths present were the Catholic Church, the Baptist Church, the Jewish Church, the Univeralist Church, and of the course the LDS Church.  It was also cool to see the religious leaders together in all their robes and fancy clothes and to see how simple and humble our Bishop was.  Very fun and neat experience.

     This week is going to bring lots of change and I am so excited to meet my new companion on Wednesday!  Love you all!!  Wish me luck.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Service - Chopping Down a Huge Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment