Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 20: Connecticut and Rhode Island in One Day

Dear Family and Friends,
     So another great week in the mission.  The best part of this week was Zone Conference on Friday in Grotton, Connecticut.  It was great to see and hear from President and Sister Miller.  It was also fantastic because I saw so, so, so many familiar faces.  My whole MTC District was there and it was great to see and hear about the experiences they have been having in the mission.  I also got to see Sister Emma Carslile who was an ambassador with me at Utah State who just got to the mission!  I never thought I'd see so many familiar faces!  It was great.

     Elder Weber and I found a very funny, old lady this week while we were tracting.  Her name is Carol.  We knocked on her door and when she saw us, she thought we were Russians!  Ha ha after talking to her for a while and giving her a Book of Mormon, she said we could come back sometime so I'll keep you posted on Carol.

     Miracles truly are happening all over the mission right now.  We set two huge goals for the mission.  50 baptisms in November and 50 baptisms in December .  Alma 13:24 was shared during Zone Conference this week and I found it so cool. "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory".  People here  in the Massachusetts Boston Mission truly are being prepared for the gospel.

     After Zone Conference, we drove to Newport, Rhode Island which is one of the prettiest places I've ever been.  So Friday I got to go to Connecticut and Rhode Island for the first time.  Super fun, and also this week we got to see Tom Brady's car!  His trainer is a member in the Franklin Branch and he let him drive it all weekend.  #OperationBaptizeTomBrady starts now.  Ha ha, great week.  Thanks for all the love and support!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Teaching with a bird on my shoulder

Carline's, Baptism (Worcester) on November 5, 2016

Tom Brady's Aston Martin Vanquish

Bridge to Newport, Rhode Island

Beach in Newport, Rhode Island

Elder Gutierrez at the beach in Newport, Rhode Island

No comments:

Post a Comment