Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 17: Tender Mercies

Dear Family and Friends,
     After a few disappointing canceled appointments, I know that the Lord is so very aware of each and every one of us!

     The craziest thing happened last Monday.  We were in downtown Boston and out of no where I hear my name.  I turned around to see one of my best friend Kurtis Walker's family.  I got to see Jackson Walker who recently returned from his mission and Kurtis' parents.  It was such a blessing to see some familiar faces and I know that it was a tender mercy sent from heaven.

     The work here in Franklin is continuing to remain a little tough but I know there are people in this area who are being prepared at this very moment to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ into their lives.  We have done so much tracting in this last week that my knuckle that I knock with is starting to turn into a different shape, haha.  Elder Weber and I are so thankful for the amazing ward here that continues to be a great support in the missionary work as well!  I am deeply grateful for the members here who have been my family as I am away from my own, and I know the Lord has sent them as a tender mercy as well.

     On Saturday, the Hingham Stake had a multi-cultural food event.  Members from all over the world made their favorite foods.  It was a great event for non-members to come to an LDS church and have fun.  There was a great turn out and I got to see my old MTC companion, Elder Evans!

     This Sunday was the primary program here for the Franklin 1st Ward, another tender mercy.  It was so amazing to see the primary children singing and to feel their spirit.  Children truly are so much closer to heaven than anyone else and I am so very grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and eternal families.

     Thank you for the love and support I have received in the last week.  I truly am so blessed.   Even when the storms come and when we feel as if we are about to sink into despair, Christ is there.  As we put our faith in Him I know that we can and WILL find peace from all pains this world might have to offer.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Look who found me in downtown Boston - Jackson Walker
Downtown Boston
Boston
Elder Evans and Elder Gutierrez (MTC Companions) at Stake International Food Festival
Fall is BEAUTIFUL in Massachusetts

Tender Mercies - Ran into the Walker family in downtown Boston








No comments:

Post a Comment