Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 16: Franklin, Massachusetts

Dear Family and Friends,
     I'm so very grateful for the Franklin, Massachusetts Ward.  I have only been here for a week and I already love the ward members here.  I'm so grateful for their love and care.  The work here in this area is completely different from the work in Worcester.  It was sad leaving Worcester but I know the Lord needs me here in Franklin.  We have a lot less investigators and we work with a lot of inactive members of the ward.  It is going to take some time to get adjusted to being here but I am excited for the opportunity to serve here and the challenges that are ahead.

     My new companion's name is Elder Weber.  He is from Dietrich, Idaho which is a super small town.  His graduating class was 21 kids!  He has been serving in this area for 6 months already.  He is about 16 months into his mission and I'm excited to be able to work with him.

     This week we were able to do service for a less active lady in the ward who has a Sanctuary Animal Farm.  I'm stoked about helping to reactivate her because she's an awesome lady and she said she will let me help work on her animals with her!  We were digging some holes on her property this week and we pulled out a HUGE rock.

     This week we got to go to Harvard during transfers which was pretty awesome!  Today we will be going to Boston for P-Day.  Have a great week everyone!  Thanks for all the love and support.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
Elder Gutierrez and Elder Weber on the Harvard Campus

Harvard Campus

Harvard Football Stadium
Harvard Football Field

Saying goodbye to Carline Lysonge and her family in Worcester.

Saying goodbye to Raymond Lopez in Worcester.

Removing the HUGE rock at the Sanctuary Animal Farm in Franklin, Massachusetts 

Service at a farm in Franklin.  I'm stoked found me some animals!



No comments:

Post a Comment