Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 9: 1st Transfer and 2 Months Down

Dear Family and Friends,
     Things are changing here in Worcester!  We found out on Friday that Elder Scoresby is being transferred to Ludlow, Massachusetts.  Pretty crazy because he has only trained me for 6 weeks and normally it is 12 weeks.  My new companion's name is Elder Stewart.  He comes to Worcester on Wednesday!  I'm super excited to get a new companion but I will miss Elder Scoresby a lot.  He is an amazing missionary and I have learned so much from him.  Hopefully I will be able to continue the great success here in Worcester.

     I am so thankful for everything that I learn every day on my mission.  It is unreal to think how much I have learned and how much I continue to learn every day.  Today marks 2 month exact and I am so excited about all that I've been able to do thus far.

     We have a lot of awesome progressing investigators right now.  It is so amazing to be a missionary because people immediately trust you with their deepest and darkest trials and struggles.  We are teaching an amazing man named Redian from Albania.  He is about 26 and he has been through so much.  How he was treated as a child was heartbreaking to hear.  There has been so much heartbreak in his family and he wants his life to change.  The most fulfilling thing to see as a missionary is somebody's happiness progress the more you meet with them.  When I first met Redian, he seemed so dark and lost, now he is beginning to be so much more happy and the light of Christ is touching his life.

     We have 5 baptismal dates coming soon.  Tony, Tamisha, Faustina, James, and Emmanuel.  Please keep them in your prayers!  Thank you for all the support and love.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
Bancroft Tower in Worcester

Julia, one of awesome investigators made us soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment