Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 7: Word From Worcester, Massachusetts

Dear Family and Friends,
     Another amazing week in Worcester, Massachusetts.  This was the first week where I felt the humidity.  Oh my gosh, it was insane!  It rained for three days this week with the highs being in the 90's.  It made for a very, very humid Worcester.

     The work is going SUPER well here.  On Saturday, we set 4 baptismal dates and we have 6 total!  The people here in Worcester have really been prepared to hear the restored gospel.  Three of the dates Elder Scoresby and I set on Saturday were with this family from Ghana.  Faustina is the mom and her two sons are James and Emmanuel.  We met them on Friday and set dates with them on Saturday.  It's people like them that make me so excited to be a missionary and to be a servant for the Lord.

     This week there was a drive by shooting at a house down the street from where we were teaching.  Worcester is super crazy and is full of sketchy people but I never feel threatened because I know the Lord is on my side.  I bet it's super funny for some people to see Elder Scoresby and I walking down Main Street here.  Two random kids in shirts and ties surrounded by drug dealers and gangsters handing out Book of Mormons.  This is something that I have learned to be good at, we try to give out as many as possible.  We know that if people will read it, their lives will be changed.

     Thank you for all your support.  I challenge you to all make the Book of Mormon a part of your daily lives and to pray for opportunities to share the gospel.  I know it is true and that it will bring so much happiness if you read it.  I know God LOVES all of his children and wants them all to be happy.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Elder Gutierrez Even Found A Pet On His Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment