Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 66: Two Week Rundown

     Hey everybody!  Sorry I was not able to send an email last week, Elder Sprehn and I ran out of time . . . .whoops.  The past two weeks have been so full of amazing and enlightening experiences.  I am so very blessed to be able to be a missionary for the Lord Jesus Christ at this time.  Here is a highlight of some of the great experiences I have had in the past two weeks.
   
     Last Saturday, September 23rd, Elder Sprehn and I were very blessed to be able to drive up to Amherst, MA to witness the baptism of Amanda, one of my past investigators.  It was a very spiritual baptism.  Amanda has received several promptings from the Spirit since she has been meeting with the missionaries.  At first, these promptings of peace actually made her feel uncomfortable because she wasn't used to feeling "that much love".  After some long pondering, she knew that God was guiding her and that she needed to get baptized.  She said that throughout her decision, it was like there was a devil on her left shoulder and an angel on the right both telling her things she should do.  I'm so grateful that she listened to the voice of the Spirit and chose the right path.
   
     This week we were able to pick up a very, very solid new investigator named Patrick.  Patrick is the man!  His step-dad is a recent convert to the church who recently moved into our ward a couple of weeks ago.  Patrick accepted his step-dad's invitation to come to church and loved it.  This Tuesday we were able to give our first lesson to Patrick while on exchanges.  He told us that he loved playing basketball so we went to the church to play basketball and have a lesson, which turned out to be a very memorable one . . . I randomly got a bloody nose while we were playing basketball and it would not stop!  After a while, we were running out of time to teach him so we taught him the restoration in normal clothes and I had a blood stained tissue hanging out of my nose.  Despite the craziness, it was still a very powerful lesson and Patrick accepted the invitation to be baptized!  He was able to watch Conference this Sunday and we hope to set a date with him soon.
   
     Of course, General Conference was a huge highlight of the past two weeks.  I absolutely love hearing the testimonies of our modern day prophets and apostles.  One of my favorite talks was from President Nelson as he spoke of the power and divinity of the Book of Mormon.  He invited us all to contemplate what affect the Book of Mormon has had on our lives and what our lives would be like without it.  As I reflected on his question, I realized how blessed I am to have been born into a home that studies the Book of Mormon and knows it to be true.  I am so grateful that I have gained a testimony of its truth and love sharing that truth with others.
   
     On Sunday, our investigator, Jacky, came to watch General Conference and loved it!  She is continuing to progress towards baptism and we are so excited for her.  We have been able to pick up several other great new investigators and the work continues to move on.
   
     Thank you all so much for all you have done for me.  I know of no greater joy that can be found in this life if we put God first in our lives.  I invite you all to study the words of our prophets and apostles from this General Conference for the next 6 months, their words truly are scripture for our day.  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

Dinner with Christelle, a recent convert

African Dinner!

Packages from Home!  Including General Conference Cinnamon Rolls!!

Exchanges with Elder Kluger from Herriman, UT

Service at the Beardsley Zoo

Tiger at the Zoo

Diner Breakfast!

General Conference at the Mitchell's



No comments:

Post a Comment