Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 68: Goodbye Elder Sprehn!

     The weeks keep going by faster and faster!  This week was Elder Sprehn's last full week as a missionary and we had several great experiences.  I have loved serving with Elder Sprehn.  He has a great passion for being a missionary and I am very grateful that I have been able to serve with him the past 5 weeks.  Because of his limited time, we have been doing everything we can to make sure he finishes off his mission strong.  We were able to finish off the week by reaching our goal of handing out 100 Book of Mormons as a district!  The district and zone that I am currently serving in are very unified and we have been seeing miracles happen because of the diligence and obedience of the missionaries serving here.
   
     On Tuesday, we were able to go on exchanges with the Waterbury Spanish Elders.  I spent the day with Elder Felt in Waterbury.  We were able to have a great exchange and do some awesome work . . even though I don't speak Spanish.  Thursday we got to go to Groton, CT for a Zone Conference.  Our mission set a goal at the beginning of the year to baptize 600 people.  As the end of the year has been approaching, we are beginning to fall behind on our goal and so President Miller gave some amazing trainings on how we can better plan out our days and appointments.  When you fail to plan, you plan to fail!  It was a very great meeting overall and a very spiritual last Zone Conference for Elder Sprehn.
   
     Because this transfer is a little different than the rest, I will be having a temporary companion for a week and then I will get another new companion the next week.  On Friday, I found out that my new temporary companion will be Elder Lewis.  Elder Lewis is currently serving in Southington, CT which is in our zone.  He is a pretty young missionary so I am very excited to train him on everything that I know for a week.  This Friday I will find out who my new companion will be.
   
     Well today we are spending the day in Boston for Elder Sprehn's last P-day.  I love you all and hope all is well.  I truly know that missionary work is one of the greatest ways to find real joy while on the Earth.  When we turn outward and serve, we are emulating how the Savior lived.  I invite you all to take a moment and think about someone who needs you.  As you do so, I know that you will be given a glimpse of how our Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ, view us.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez

The District

Exchanges with Elder Felt (From CA) in Waterbury, CT

An African Shop, Fufu!

Doug and Renee Pariseau came all the way from Warwick, RI to visit Elder Sprehn and I.

Eating pizza with the Pariseau's

Keith Moon, a legendary convert from our mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment