Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 42: Happy Easter!

     Another week has passed and gone.  Elder Phillipsen and I had a great week in Warwick.  I personally learned a lot and am so thankful to be a missionary.  I feel like I say that every week, but it's so true!
   
     Patricia and Dot are continuing to progress and we are so excited for them!  We had a great lesson with them this week and they especially felt the Spirit this week at church.  The next lesson we are going to teach them is the Word of Wisdom.  Dot is a smoker but knows she needs to quit and I am excited to see the Lord strengthen her to keep this commandment.  If all continues to go well their baptism will be May 7th.  Keep them in your prayers!
     
     This week I issued a challenge to our District, the #StreetADayChallenge.  Last week Elder Phillipsen and I were able to tract more than usual and because of that we were greatly blessed.  The cool thing was that we weren't directly blessed from the tracting, the Lord saw that we were working hard and so He blessed us for our efforts.  Because of this great lesson that I learned, I challenged our District to tract at least one street each day this week.  All of our areas are not exactly the best places to tract, but we were so blessed!  We all picked up new investigators and we truly saw miracles.
   
     This week we had one of the most amazing Zone Conferences.  President and Sister Miller are the most extraordinary people.  Sister Miller gave a training that really had an impact on me.  She challenged us all to think about these three questions:  What do you want to say you have done on your mission?  What do you want to have become?  What differences do you want others to notice in you?  She then invited us to make plans to accomplish the goals that we set according to these questions.  These are three questions that I often ponder and I am trying to work on something each week to accomplish my goals.
   
     President Miller counseled us on how we can be a more obedient and penitent mission.  I absolutely know that it is only through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ that we can obtain all the happiness that He so badly wants for us.  It is the same in the mission field, as we repent daily as missionaries we can then help our investigators receive all the happiness and blessings we desire them to have.  At the end of our Zone Conference we had a testimony meeting, which was like a huge spiritual punch in the face.  Nothing invites the spirit more than a ton of dedicated, faithful, and amazing missionaries bearing their testimonies.  It was a great experience and I love Zone Conferences.
   
     I was so grateful that yesterday we were able to celebrate the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I would just like to echo the apostles testimony in The Living Christ, "We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary.  He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world. . . We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God.  He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father.  He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world.  His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.  God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."  I know that my Redeemer lives and that because of His life, I have peace and healing.  I love you all and I testify that Christ lives today!  He is pleading and waiting to help you in all aspects of your life.  Love you all!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
Elder Gutierrez and President Miller at Zone Conference

Street Ball in Downtown Providence.  Out of Three Games:  Utah Boys:3, Providence Gangsters:0

Taking Estavan to the Temple For His First Time!

Tracted All the Way to the Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment