Monday, March 13, 2017

Week 37: Miracle of "Patricia"

     This week in Warwick was a crazy one!  Elder Phillipsen and I experienced a lot of lows and highs, but overall it was so great.

    Last Monday, after we emailed, we were able to head to Newport with most of our zone and have a super fun P-Day.  Tuesday we had a crazy cool miracle happen and we were able to pick up two new investigators.  Wednesday we had a great zone conference, the mission is really focusing on "teaching repentance and baptizing converts".  President Miller gave a great training and I am very excited about the work that is happening in our mission.  Friday, I got to go on an exchange with Elder Schrader.  The rest of the week was pretty uneventful because I got super, super sick.

     So the miracle from Tuesday:  About two weeks ago, Elder Phillipsen and I prayed that "Patricia", our former investigator would feel prompted to come to church.  She never came that Sunday but a different Patricia did!  During Sunday school class, a random lady walked into the class and introduced herself as  Patricia!  (When she said that my mouth about literally dropped.)  She said that she was driving home after not being able to find an old church that she had gone to before.  She drove past our church and felt prompted to go in.  God had truly answered our prayer and made it so that "Patricia" would feel prompted to come to church.  So this week we were finally able to meet with her and we had a great lesson.  She invited her sister too so we were able to pick them both up as new investigators!

     Jazmyne, Janiah, and Janasia, the three kids we are teaching are doing great also!  This week we had two solid lessons with them and it was Janiah's birthday on Thursday.  We surprised her with a picture of Jesus and balloons that had helpful reminders written on them.  We set a baptismal date with them for April 29th and hopefully all goes well in the next month so that they can all be baptized!  I love those cute kids.

     Friday Elder Schrader and I had a great exchange in Newport.  I love being able to coordinate exchanges with the Elder I serve with because each exchange I go on I truly learn so much from the Elders in my district.  Elder Schrader is from Twin Falls, Idaho and is an outstanding missionary.  We were able to visit Mike who I have failed to update everyone on . . .Mike was our 19 year old investigator.  He was doing great but because his family are devout Catholics, he didn't want to start any trouble by meeting with us.  So we no longer meet with him regularly.  He said that since meeting with us, he found a greater appreciation for God in his life and it was pretty great to see his faith grow!  Even though our exchange ended on less than a great note with me puking, I was grateful for the day I got to spend with Elder Schrader.  I'm not really sure why I got sick but I was pretty much out of commission for all of Saturday and Sunday.

     I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be able to serve the Lord at this time in my life.  I know this will have a great impact on my life and those I talk to every day here in New England.  I am so thankful for the support and love that I receive.  Thanks to all of you that help and support me.  I love you all!  God Bless.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
Providence Zone

Providence Zone - Sometimes you just gotta have fun

Newport P-Day

Beautiful Ocean View on P-Day - Newport, Rhode Island

Elder  Gutierrez and Elder Phillipsen - Cool Old Mansions in Newport, RI

Venison Anyone?

Venison Spaghetti - YUM! YUM!

Happy Birthday Janiah!

Janiah's Birthday Balloons with Message Written on them and the Schwartz Kids



No comments:

Post a Comment