Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 36: The Lord Filled My Mouth With the Words I Needed to Speak . . .

     Hello everyone from Warwick, Rhode Island.  This week was great and I am so grateful for the gospel and for the opportunity I have to share it with those around me.  I am so grateful that I am physically able to dedicate two years to the Lord.  I am so grateful for the people God has placed in my life to help me grow and learn.  I am so grateful for a prophet who truly loves us and leads us in these troubling days.  There is so much in all of lives to be grateful for and as we choose to focus on what God has done for us, we are able to truly see His all powerful hand in our lives.

     This week I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with Elder Nagata who is currently serving in Narragansett.  Elder Nagata is from West Jordan too and is a great missionary.  Last week I told you about Mary Gutierrez, who's name was on the ward list and we were able to visit.  Last week I also shared that I had an impression to go back and tell her about the temple so she could be sealed to her husband who had recently passed away.  As Elder Nagata and I were about to go and see her, I realized that I wasn't quite sure how I was going to tell her about the impression that I had and how to bring up the temple.  I was nervous because I knew if this stop by didn't go well that she would not want us to come back.  What happened though was amazing and I know the Lord filled my mouth with the words I needed to speak . . .   We rang her buzzer and she came down with a big smile on her face as she saw us.  We sat down in the lobby of her apartment complex and as soon as we sat down I felt the Spirit so strongly tell me the words I needed to say.  She told us that she did not know what the temple was and as I told her you could see light come into her eyes.  She told us that the happiest time in her life was when she and her family were attending church and meeting with the missionaries.  She said, "I felt so clean!"  We told her that she could feel this was again through Jesus Christ and his Gospel.  She told us that she had a lot to think about and she would get back to us.  I marvel at how God was able to help me when I desperately needed it.  I know He lives and that He watches over all of us.

     This week we had the great opportunity to have interviews with President Miller.  He is such an amazing man.  We were able to have a great discussion on some questions I had and I know that he is an inspired man.  He has influenced me so much in the past 8 months and I am so thankful for his love and guidance.

     On a sad note, we had to drop most of our investigators this week because most of them weren't keeping their commitments.  So back to the finding!  Thank you all so much for the support and love that I receive on a daily basis.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that God will never abandon us.  I know our Savior lives, for us.  Love you all!

Love, 
Elder Gutierrez

Book of Mormon!!

Colley's Dogs

Exchanges with Elder Nagata

Little Future Missionary - Brigham Weishaar

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment