Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 52: Amherst, MA!

     It has been one heck of a week!  I had my last couple of days in Warwick and . . . . I arrived in Amherst, MA!  I loved serving in Warwick and I am so grateful for the experiences I had there and I can't wait to see all that will happen here in Amherst.
   
     The past couple of days in Amherst have already been amazing.  My companion, Elder Little, is such a stud and we get along SUPER well. We have had so much fun and we are seeing miracles.  Just to tell you a little about Elder Little.  He is from Fort Collins, Colorado.  He has been on his mission for 10 months, he loves sports, he has served in Worcester too, and his name does not describe him well.  Amherst is a very fun and unique place.  It is totally a college town.  There are five schools here including UMASS and when all the students come the place more than doubles in size.  It is also the most liberal area in the mission and has the largest population of homosexual people.  Northampton, a town in our area, is known as the "Lesbian Capital of America", so you could say it's pretty unique!
   
     This area has always been know as a slower area in the past, which is not accurate at all.  The reason it has been "slow" is really just because of some lazy past missionaries.  We are currently working with 10 investigators and I'm still trying to get all their names down. Haha!  The work here is booming and we are teaching some amazing people.  One of our investigators we picked up this week is named Shyam.  Shyam is an 18 year old man from the Congo.  He grew up really poor and because of that has had a really hard life.  Even though he has had a rocky upbringing, he is so, so nice.  He loved the Restoration message and hopefully will continue to progress well.
   
     Well it has been a very busy week with a lot of transitioning.  I am very grateful to be able to serve in Amherst and I know this is where the Lord needs me at this time.  Thank you to everyone who supports me!  I love you all.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez  

Chillin in the Trio

Last Lesson With Eddie

Patricia's Antique Shop Where We Would Have Lessons

Saying Goodbye to Saroeuth, Sam, and Leon

The Trio Splits Up - June 21, 2017

UMASS Campus - Amherst, MA

Amherst Falls - Elder Little

Amherst Falls - Elder Gutierrez and Elder Little

New Companion, Elder Little from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment