Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 46: Expect Miracles

     This Wednesday was the first day of this new transfer and we are already seeing miracles!  Elder Phillipsen and I had a great week and we are so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us during the next 6 weeks.
   
     We started off the week with a mission wide broadcast.  The AP's gave a great training and then gave a powerful invitation to find and teach somebody new and extend a solid baptismal date by May 15th!  They gave the training on the 6th, so in under a week they challenged us to accomplish this mighty goal.  They told us to have faith, to work hard, and most of all to expect miracles!  I was very excited about this invitation and pleaded with the Lord to help us accomplish it.  A couple of days later the Elders in Providence contacted a man on the street named Eddie, who lives in our area and was very, very interested.  They gave us his information and we set up an appointment for Saturday morning.  Eddie truly was an answer to my prayers and a miracle!  He explained to us that he had been searching for the truth for such a long time.  He had studied with many religions; Catholics, Jehovah Witness, Muslim, and nothing seemed right.  We shared the message of the Restoration and he felt the truth!  He committed to come to church the next day and to be baptized when he felt it was true.
   
     Sunday came and as sacrament meeting started Eddie still had not come . . .I was beginning to get pretty disappointed and then just before the sacrament began Eddie walked in! (Which in turn was a good thing because everyone noticed him and introduced themselves to him afterwards.)  Eddie loved church and we met with him this morning and taught him the Plan of Salvation, again he loved the message and we set a baptismal date with him for June 10th.  Which meant we had accomplished the AP's invitation and we set a solid baptismal date with somebody new by the 15th!  I know now more than ever that miracles DO happen and that most of all God hears and answers my prayers.  He loves all of his children and He truly puts the eternities on hold and listens to us, His children.
   
     We also saw Sam and Leon this week a couple of times and they are very excited for their baptisms on Saturday.  We will be planning the details of it with them tomorrow.  Also big news, their mother, Saroeuth brought her boyfriend to church two weeks in a row now!  His name is Joe, he is from Portugal and we hope to begin teaching him as well.  We could not be more excited for them, they are growing and learning so much.  They are the greatest young men and they will be such great Priesthood holders.
   
     Things are going so well in Warwick.  I had the greatest day yesterday speaking to my family.  I love them so much and one eternally important thing that the mission has taught me is that I have the most amazing family and I love them so much.  I hope you all had a great Mother's Day and that you took the time to realize how blessed we all are.  I know my Savior lives.  I am so grateful that I get to share my testimony of the Savior each day because I couldn't imagine a world without Him.  Love you all!

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
Just Something to Think About

Elder Phillilpsen, Matthew from Boise, and Elder Gutierrez

Uncle Cory and Grandpa Page Look What I Found - Where Is My Bow?



No comments:

Post a Comment