Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 12: 2 Months in Massachusetts Today

     It's so true when people say the days are long but the weeks are short on a mission.  The weeks are flying by and some of the days never seem to end.  I am continuing to learn so much and I am so thankful to be where I am serving the Lord every day.  I think one of my biggest regrets in life would be coming home from my mission and knowing I hadn't given all my efforts everyday 24/7.

     Huge miracles this week!  We have an investigator named Julia.  She is 21 and basically the most Mormon non-Mormon that has ever lived.  She referred herself to the missionaries after she had been in her Catholic Chapel and had the impression to buy a Book of Mormon!  She bought one off of Amazon and the rest is history.  She has not been baptized yet because her family is very, very, very against the church.  They refuse to let her be baptized and they think she has been "brainwashed" by the missionaries.  She has such amazing faith.

     Elder Stewart and I were teaching her this week and had the impression to extend a baptismal date to her.  We had the most powerful lesson I've ever been in on my mission and extended the date of October 15th.  We told her that miracles would happen according to her faith.  At first she was unsure but she told us that she will be baptized on October 15th.  She is already seeing miracles this week.  One being that her mom said she was "ok" with her going to church now but also said, "You cannot be baptized until after I die."  But no worries, we know miracles will happen and that she will be baptized.  Faith is such a powerful thing.

     Also this week, we met lots of new investigators including a family from Haiti! They said that they believed our message and in the Book of Mormon right after we met them!  We hope to set some baptismal dates with them later this week.  Wish us luck and keep Faustina, James, Emmanuel, and Julia in your prayers.

Love,
Elder Gutierrez
Dinner with all the Worcester missionaries and the Bach Family

No comments:

Post a Comment